Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lisa's 22nd Birthday Gift


My younger sister Lisa had a birthday back in May. I made her this sweater sling purse using the tutorial from Make it and Love it. I found the sweater for the outer fabric of the purse at Walmart on the clearance rack. It only cost $1 and was a size 3X. I love the clearance rack! I only used about half the sweater for this purse and I already have pieces cut out for another one. The lining and fabric strip are from Michael Miller Pretty Bird Ground Cover in Aqua, which I already had in my fabric stash. The fabric strip was added to hide a seam where I attached more of the sweater after deciding the purse wasn't long enough. I think it adds a nice touch. I love when mistakes end up making something better. For the crocheted flower, I used the tutorial here at The Pumpkin Patch.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed! I've never thought of buying clothes off the clearance rack for fabric. I haven't built up a fabric stash yet, so I'll have to remember that as a resource. Also, I think the bag turned out great. That strip of fabric does add a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete