Sunday, July 10, 2011

Diaper, Taggie, and Bib Baby Shower Gift

I attended a baby shower back in May. The mom-to-be was expecting a girl, so I made some cute pink gifts.
I decided to make her a fitted cloth diaper since she had registered for some cloth diapers and I'm in love with them. I used the pattern from La-Di-Da Diapers. The fabric is flannel from my stash along with one layer of jeans in the soaker pad for extra absorbency. I like how it turned out.

Next, I made a star taggie blanket using the tutorial from Sew a Straight Line. I had some problems getting the point in the middle to match up. I re-did it a few times. I'm not perfectly happy with the end result, but I wasn't sure what else to do in order to have the points match up in the middle. I used flannel, fleece, ribbon, and ric rac from my stash.

Lastly, I made a bib using the tutorial from Made by Marzipan.

I wrapped the gift up in kraft paper and stamped lavender hippos and ducks on it. You can't really see the stamps in the picture since they are so light.

No comments:

Post a Comment