Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Huggable Slug

I made this cute little slug using a pattern created by 7 Layer Studio for Create H.O.P.E Designs. The money received from pattern sales is used towards different organizations helping children around the world. Several designers have donated patterns. You can find their shop here.

Create Hope Designs

The slug turned out okay for my first try. I couldn't seem to get all the points of the tale to match up and the antennae aren't quite parallel. I think with more practice I could perfect it. I also made the mistake of cutting the 2 side pieces for the slug facing the same direction and had to cut another piece facing the opposite direction to make it work. You'll see what I mean if you decide to purchase the pattern. I haven't decided what I'll do with the slug yet. It'll either be a birthday gift for Boo's friend or a Christmas gift for Boo.

There's a giveaway at Hopeful Threads this month for those that purchase and sew patterns from Create H.O.P.E. Designs. You should check it out.

sew with heart 3 by Hopeful Threads, on Flickr


4 comments:

  1. Your slug is adorable!!! Thank you for participating in our sew along! :) I'm sharing a link on the Hopeful Threads facebook page now! https://www.facebook.com/HopefulThreads

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! Love the pink polka dot fabric. This little slug is going to be well loved by someone. Found you over at Kristy's 'Hopeful Threads'. Look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew a slug could be so adorable! That pink is too die for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cutest slug I ever seen! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete