Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mother's Day Gifts

I decided it would be fun to make something for Mother's Day this year. This is what I came up with.

First, are the cotton face rounds. I used the tutorial found here. Since they're so small, they were really easy to crochet. I made a bunch of them.

Next is the cupcake bath bomb. I got the idea for the cupcake here from Little Birdie Secrets. I actually used the tutorial here at Homemade Mamas for the bath bomb recipe since it had more common ingredients. For the frosting on top, I just used royal icing. I made sure to clearly label that these were not edible so no one would try to take a bite.

Lastly, is the bath puff. I tried a different pattern originally and it never dried. Luckily, I found a pattern here at Fresh Mint Rain that makes a bath puff that you can untie to allow it to dry. I tested one out before making ones for gifts and it worked well.

Well, I spent a fair amount of time making these gifts, but I think they turned out cute and they were well-received.

No comments:

Post a Comment