Sunday, May 8, 2011

Baby Shower Gifts and Cookies

It's been a while since I blogged between being sick, vacation, and just plain laziness. I decided it was about time to post something. I actually made these things a few months ago. The burp cloths above were made using the tutorial here from Homemade by Jill. This is the first tutorial that brought me to her blog and I love it! I used the same fringe edging for the matching bibs. They were a gift for a member of my church ward.

I made my first hooded towel! Boo has a couple of these and I love them. It's so nice to wrap her up in one after a bath. I used the tutorial here from Infarrantly Creative. I believe I shortened the hood since it looked long to me. My husband was kind enough to take a picture of it for me before I wrapped it up and gave it away to another member of my ward. When sewing it, I used a heavy duty needle since I read a few places about the needle breaking when sewing through all the layers. I had no trouble going slowly over the thick areas. I added a strip of fabric with a car print to the hood to make it more fun.


For the same baby shower as the hooded towel, I made these "Cute as a button" cookies. I followed the tutorial here at Bake at 350. I used fondant instead of royal icing. I like how simple and cute they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment